Dr. Jeffrey DeClaire and the medical team at Michigan Knee Institute use the latest medical technology with a state-of-the-art medical facility to provide our patients with the best possible outcomes, for injured and damaged knees.
MYMOBILITY® CLINICAL STUDY
Dr. DeClaire is one of 30 orthopaedic practices in the US participating in the Zimmer Biomet mymobility® Clinical Study.
In collaboration with Apple, Zimmer Biomet is attempting to transform the patient journey for two of the most common surgeries that Americans undergo each year – knee and hip replacement. This collaboration has yielded mymobility®, an app that uses Apple Watch® and iPhone® to facilitate a new level of connection between patients and their surgeons, which may improve the often challenging journey that patients experience, while also delivering continuous data to surgeons so they can optimize care and improve outcomes.
The mymobility® patient experience keeps patients informed and educated on next steps through notifications, video tutorials, to-dos, and reminders throughout their journey with its intuitive and straightforward interface. For the first time, this study will combine patient-reported feedback with continuous biometric and behavioral data from the mymobility® with Apple Watch® solution, providing new information about the patient journey. Understanding their condition and care plan gives patients the ability to participate in optimizing their surgical outcome actively.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING? CONTACT US TO FIND OUT IF YOU QUALIFY.
mymobility® is a registered trademark of Zimmer Biomet. Apple Watch and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc.
Over 100 cases have now been performed with OMNIlife science’s OMNIBotics® OMNIBot™ in its multi-center U.S. clinical study.
The study is assessing the combination of robotic-assisted bone cutting with active soft tissue management at five sites; more are slated to enter the study over several months. Results from the first four sites mirror the positive outcomes observed in the Australian pilot program underway since 1Q17.
OMNIBot™ is reportedly the only available system that supports predictive balance of ligaments through dynamic, real-time feedback across the entire range of motion that can deliver computer-calculated, robotic-assisted bone cutting.
Sources: OMNIlife science, Inc.; ORTHOWORLD Inc.
- Impact of Component Alignment and Soft Tissue Release on 2-Year Outcomes in Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Femoral Component Alignment Boundaries for Tibia First Gap Balancing Using Digital Tensioning Tool
- Frequency of Soft-Tissue Releases and Their Effect on Patient Reported Outcomes in Robotic-assisted TKA. (6)
- Imageless Robotic Assisted TKA
- Improved Accuracy of Alignment
- Intra-Operative Soft Tissue Targets for Improved Outcomes In Total Knee Arthroplasty (1)
- Predictive Ligament Balancing in Robotic TKA One Year Clinical Outcomes from a Multicenter Study
- The Effect of Coronal and Axial Femoral Component Rotation on Midflexion Laxity and Patient Reported Outcomes in Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Wakelin EA, Shalhoub S, Lawrence JM. et al. Improved total knee arthroplasty pain outcome when joint gap targets are achieved throughout flexion. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-021-06482-2
- Plaskos C, Wakelin E, Shalhoub S, Lawrence J, Keggi J, Koenig J, Ponder C, Randall AL, DeClaire JH. Frequency of Soft-Tissue Releases and their Effect on Patient Reported Outcomes on Robotic-Assisted TKA. EPiC Series in Health Sciences. 2020 Sep 25;4:240-5. https://doi.org/10.29007/grf3 (PDF attached)
- Wakelin E, Shalhoub S, Lawrence J, Keggi J, DeClaire J, Randall A, Ponder C, Koenig J, Plaskos C. Intra-Operative Soft Tissue Targets For Improved Outcomes In Total Knee Arthroplasty. EPiC Series in Health Sciences. 2020 Sep 25;4:283-7. https://doi.org/10.29007/3plz (PDF attached)
- Wakelin E, Shalhoub S, Lawrence J, Keggi J, DeClaire J, Randall A, Ponder C, Koenig J, Plaskos C. Femoral Component Alignment Boundaries for Tibia First Gap Balancing using Digital Tensioning Tool. EPiC Series in Health Sciences. 2020 Sep 25;4:288-92. https://doi.org/10.29007/9p46 (PDF attached)
- Wakelin E, Shalhoub S, Lawrence J, Keggi J, Randall A, Ponder C, DeClaire J, Koenig J, Plaskos C. The Effect of Coronal and Axial Femoral Component Rotation on Midflexion Laxity and Patient Reported Outcomes in Total Knee Arthroplasty. EPiC Series in Health Sciences. 2020 Sep 25;4:293-6. https://doi.org/10.29007/km58 (PDF attached)
- Keggi J, Ponder CE, Koenig J, MS SS, Wakelin E. Predictive Ligament Balancing in Robotic TKA–One Year Clinical Outcomes from a Multicenter Study. EPiC Series in Health Sciences. 2020 Sep 25;4:160-4. https://doi.org/10.29007/mkj3 (PDF attached)
- Shalhoub S, Lawrence JM, Keggi JM, Randall AL, DeClaire JH, Plaskos C. Imageless, robotic-assisted total knee arthroplasty combined with a robotic tensioning system can help predict and achieve accurate postoperative ligament balance. Arthroplasty Today. 2019 Aug 13;5(3):334-340. doi: 10.1016/j.artd.2019.07.003. PMID: 31516978; PMCID: PMC6728592. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31516978/ (PDF attached)
- DeClaire JH, Aiello PM, Warritay OK, Freeman DC. Effectiveness of Bupivacaine Liposome Injectable Suspension for Postoperative Pain Control in Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Prospective, Randomized, Double Blind, Controlled Study, The Journal of Arthroplasty, Volume 32, Issue 9, Supplement, 2017, Pages S268-S271, ISSN 0883-5403, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2017.03.062
- DeClaire JH, Savich TT, Montgomery BS, Warritay OK. Significant weight loss may delay or eliminate the need for total knee replacement. Int J Prev Med. 2014;5(5):648-652. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24932398/
- Ng VY, DeClaire JH, Berend KR, Gulick BC, Lombardi AV Jr. Improved accuracy of alignment with patient-specific positioning guides compared with manual instrumentation in TKA. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2012 Jan;470(1):99-107. doi: 10.1007/s11999-011-1996-6. PMID: 21809150; PMCID: PMC3237987. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21809150/ (PDF attached)